Since 1999, The Landscape Design Center has gone to great efforts to recycle and reduce our carbon foot print. Here is how we do it:
RECYCLING ON JOB SITES
Debris removed from your location is taken back to our shop yard or to other necessary facilities. We separate the debris into categories - concrete, natural waste, fill dirt, reuseable dirt, etc. Most of our left over material (brick and stone) is saved and worked into future jobs.
We offer discounts on these materials for pick up only. Contact us for more details: pallets, fill dirt, old concrete brick/fill material, left over materials or plastic plant pots.
RECYCLING IN THE OFFICE
We attempt to create as little waste in our office as possible:
- Our faxes come into a computer and we only print what we need to
- We re-use scrap paper for messages and sketching pads
- We offer Email Billing for clients who prefer
- We do 90% of our bill payment online
- We recycle printer cartridges
- We donate old computers to the Providence Center or take them to electronic recycling facilities
RECYCLING AT OUR SHOP
We separate our waste as best as possible and recycle everything possible. What little hazardous waste we create (oil from trucks, glue/primer, stain, old batteries, etc) is disposed of on Hazardous waste days at our local facility.
We do not use dumpsters! We collect and separate our waste and debris and reuse it or dispose of it in the most environmentally friendly way.